Friday, September 28, 2012

A well manicured lawn or life!

Good Morning....

Today as I was going on my morning walk, it occurred to me how much I love seeing a well manicured lawn. I think it shows pride in a home. Anyone who knows my husband will tell you how particular he is about his lawn and I am always proud of how our home looks when he is all done. I always offer to help him but he just smiles and says "No thank you!" His outside lawn time is probably his favorite thing to do. I don't dare spoil it.

Whether you are a home owner or a renter, I think it is important to take pride in the home you live in. Whether it is a small apartment or a very large home or anything in between, I think how you take care of your home says a lot about who you are, what you are going through, and of course how busy you are. Do you live in a messy, filthy or cluttered environment? Are you a perfectionist that must have their home spotless and in order? Or are you one that tries real hard to keep a nice home for you or your family and sometimes your life is just too hectic to keep up with everything?

My personal opinion is that I think there should be a nice balance to it. I never think it is OK to live in filth, but a mess here and there, I can deal with for a short time. My biggest issue is having piles of papers. I have a hard time throwing things away, including junk mail. I am by no means a hoarder. I finally can throw already read magazines away. I have watched the hoarder shows and it makes me very sad that there are people out there living like that. It is especially sad when children are involved. Children as well as adults should not live in an environment that is so cluttered and unhealthy.

I was searching for properties about a month ago for an investor I have that lives in another country. He uses my judgment to find properties that are right for him so I visit the properties ahead of time. I went to this one condo in his favorite community to buy, and the tenant was a young gal who had a small child. That small 1 bedroom condo was one of the most unorganized, filthy, cluttered places I have ever been in. On top of that, she had a dog and the dog hair and the smell of the dog, was overwhelming and she smoked to top it off. She has a choice to live how she wants but to expose a child and an animal to that, was beyond what I could understand. It was hard to be able to judge whether or not the place would be a good fit because you could see beyond the garbage. It made me sad when I walked out, for her, her child and her dog.

I am very compassionate for those who are going through a foreclosure or having to do a short sale. I am certain that was not part of the plan when the house was purchased. Homeownership is a dream to many. However, I get very frustrated when people just let their house go to waste instead of doing the right thing and keeping it in the best order they can till they move out. Remember, your children see you as an example of how they should live their lives. It is one thing to see you going through a tough time financially, it is another when they witness bad behavior.

We are all on our individual journey through this life. If you find that you are living in an unfit environment, change it. If you find that you are such a perfectionist that you are spending more time cleaning, then you are on yourself or your family and friends change it. Try your best to find a good middle ground. It is all about living each moment, enjoying the people in your life, being healthy and happy.

Wishing everyone a joyful and fun weekend ahead!

With Honesty, Integrity and a Smile - Diane

PS..Please visit my website - www.dianesfloridahomes.com or email me at: diane@dianesfloridahomes.com if I can help with any of your real estate needs. Or feel free to recommend me to your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment